The preliminary programme for the Association of American Geographers Annual Conference 2014 is now up and geographers from Royal Holloway are well represented. Innes Keighren has been kind enough to compile a list of RHUL appearances in Tampa over at the Landscape Surgery blog – quite an array of interesting and exciting sessions.
The preliminary programme for the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers has recently been published. The Department of Geography at Royal Holloway, University of London will be strongly represented by both staff and doctoral researchers (detailed below).
- 5112 What Space for the Post-Security State? I: Fragile, Failing, and Tentative Securities [Introducer and Organizer]
- 5212 What Space for the Post-Security State? II: Knowledge, Circulation, Air [Organizer]
- 5412 What Space for the Post-Security State? III: Critique and Countering Security [Discussant, Organizer]
- “Towards Intimate Geographies of Peace? Local Reconciliation of Domestic Violence in Cambodia” [Paper in session 4509 FQG Gender-based violence: space, scale and intersectionality]
- 4421 Race is but one–Examining Violence and Non-Violence in Asia and the Asian Diaspora [Panelist]
- “Accomplishing Road-Running: Negotiating Space, Mobile Politics and Order on the Street” [Paper in session 1605 Geographies of Mobility III: Alternative Mobilities]
- “Artful encounters with Climate Change”…
View original post 219 more words