Here is a list of my academic publications, finished and in preparation. Click on the links to get access to the papers. See more on my CV.
- (in preparation) Editor with Miranda Ward. Everyday Sport Geography. Special Issue aimed for Social & Cultural Geography.
- (2016) Organising editor with Anna Davidson. ‘Co-Producing Mobilities: negotiating geographical knowledge in a conference session on the move’. Symposium paper for Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 40 (3): pp.340-374. DOI: 10.1080/03098265.2016.1141397
- (2016) Cook, S., Shaw, J. and Simpson, P. ‘Jography: exploring meanings, experiences and spatialities of recreational road-running’ Mobilities. doi:10.1080/17450101.2015.1034455
- (2016) Cook, S., Davidson, A., Stratford, E., Middleton, J., Plyushteva, A., Fitt, H., Cranston, S., Simpson, P., Delaney, H., Evans, K., Jones, A., Kershaw, J., Williams, N., Bissell, D., Duncan, T., Sengers, F., Elvy, J., and Wilmott, C. ‘Co-Producing Mobilities: negotiating geographical knowledge in a conference session on the move’ Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 40 (3): pp.340-374. DOI: 10.1080/03098265.2016.114139
- (2017) Cook, S. ‘Rushing, dashing, scrambling: The role of the train station in producing the reluctant runner’ in: Spinney, J., Reimer, S. and Pinch, P. (eds) Mobilising Design, Designing Mobilities: Intersections, Affordances, Relations, Routledge, Abingdon: pp.62-75
- (2016) Cook, S., Shaw, J., and Simpson, P. ‘Running Order: Urban Public Space, Everyday Citizenship and Sporting Subjectivities’ in: Koch, N. (ed.) Critical Geographies of Sport: Space, Power and Sport in Global Perspective, Routledge, Abingdon: pp.157-172
- (2016) Cook, S. ‘Run-commuting’ in: Sultana, S. and Weber, J. (eds) Minicars, Maglevs, and Mopeds: Modern Modes of Transportation Around the World, ABC-CLIO/Greenwood Press, Santa Barbara, California: pp.255-258.
- (2016) Cook, S. ‘A Jensenian approach to mobilities’ Journal of Transport Geography, 52: pp. 159–161. DOI: 10.1016/j.jtrangeo.2016.03.002
- (2015) Cook, S. ‘Mobility, space and culture by Peter Merriman Abingdon: Routledge, 2012, 214 pp notes and index, £85.00 hardcover, ISBN 978 0 415 59356 4’ Area, 47(2): pp.214-215. DOI:10.1111/area.12122
- (2013) Cook, S. Jography: Exploring the Mobilities of Road-Running [online]. Social and Cultural Geography Research Group. Available from: http://scgrg.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Simon-Cook-2013-Jography-Exploring-the-Mobilities-of-Road-Running.pdf